Tashkent – Jami Mosque
The Jami mosque is a monument of Tashkent architecture of the XIV-XV centuries. It is the only sample of a city's cathedral mosque of palace type in Tashkent.
The basis of the complex central ensemble is represented by a medieval mosque and madrassah, whose foundations were laid as back as 1451. In 1954 the madrassah was dismantled, but the mosque survived. Today it retained an initial planning basis and the fragments of the first structures. The feature of the mosque is an unusual oblongness of construction along its east-western axis. The entry from the East is not architecturally formed.
In the XVIII century the arched-domed galleries surrounding the yard were re-built into residential khudjrs, and the main building - maksuda – in the yard western end face was rebuilt anew in 1888.